Monday, May 3, 2010

G-Free for three months & a yummy recipe :)

I haven't really had a chance to touch on this but yes I am officially g-free. Prior to becoming g-free I used to think that people had to do it were some of the craziest people. Nothing against Julee but I just figured man that takes a lot of will power and strength. And I was right. It does take a lot of both of those things but God supplies that strength. And yes 95% of the time it is hard. Even when I cook my own meals I have to be careful what seasoning I use due to it containing food starch. Why do they put that crud in everything?? It's funny but I have become so much more of a healthy eater now. I mean it is a little forced seeing I can't eat anything processed (unless it's g-free). But now I look at the package and I am like ewh I don't want that crud going into my system anyways. My suspicion and reason for going on the diet is that I have celiacs disease as my older sister does. While this may not be exactly true we are positive I have a form of gluten intolerance. Just about 3 weeks ago I thought to myself hmmm why don't I put gluten back into my body just once after all this time of not eating it. Well actually that isn't how it happened at all =p. I was hanging out at my cousins birthday party and totally thought Doritos Nacho Cheese were gluten free (i had a late night the night before). So i ate them. After about 10 or so chips I had this AHHHH moment and jumped up to read the label. To my huge disappointment there was indeed wheat flour in them. I was a mess all day...... not pretty. I have had moments where I forget things and have something with a small trace of gluten (though I am proud to say those times are more sparse now). But never ever has it been as bad as it was that day because it was wheat flour. Such a whole ingredient of wheat versus a trace..... Anyways. I am very thankful that God has directed me with this. It is great to have some relief and guidance from friends and family. I wanted to include a simple recipe for one of my favorite dinners.
Lemon Zest Dinner:
2 pieces of Tilapia or you can use frozen chicken tenderloins
1 whole lemon
Pampered Chef Parmesan-Garlic Rub (g-free/can be substituted with anything g-free and garlic)
Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub (g-free/can be substituted as well we are just going for the garlic/butter/lemon taste :)
Butter
2 Baked Potatoes or 1 potato and fresh steamed vegetables (can be any of your favorite vegetable)
Trader Joe's Lemon Pepper
Directions:
Melt enough butter to cover the entire pan and to help cook the meat. Once the meat is in the pan, squeeze fresh lemon on it (use the whole lemon). Then season it with the two pampered chef rubs. The meat will only take a total of 20 min tops to cook (even when frozen). Bake and or steam the potato(s) and vegetables. Put butter and the trader Joe's seasoning on the vegetables and potato(s).
Way Yummy!! :)

No comments: