Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Genesis and the lessons

I have been reading through the book of Genesis lately and have really enjoyed learning all about the beginning of time. It has been really intense to read through what the Lord has done in the past and kinda just reading history. I really really hate the subject of history in school, but give me biblical and church history and I can't get enough. Anyways, I am only a couple chapters into the book and man have I learned so much. I heard it said before that if you just read Genesis, your entire life will make sense. I hadn't really thought much about it until now, when I am taking the time to reflect on the lessons of Genesis. I must say one of the really cool things is that it has both a lot of rich history as well has the power, love, and fullness of God. I wanted to talk about a couple of things that I have taken note of that really made sense to life in general. So I decided to create a timeline of sorts to display what exactly happened at the beginning of the world and how it makes sense to life today.

Chapter 1: God creates the entire world. He sees that it is good but it is missing something... man
Chapter 2: God creates man, sees that he is good but is still lacking something. He then creates woman.
Chapter 3: So here's where it gets yucky and the most important piece of history vital to understanding life comes in. Man sins, the first ever sin recorded in the Bible. In verse 1 satan questions God's words to the woman, pushing her to question God. Then the next two verses are the scary stage of sin where she begins to contemplate and question. In verse 4 satan hurdles a lie at Eve telling her she will not die if she eats of the fruit. Which we all know very well that it is NOT true. Not even two verses later.... she commits the sin. But let me point out the sin was "desirable" and "delightful", making it true that sin always comes in a pretty package. Then in verse 8 (after Adam sins too) they are forced to hide because they become ashamed in front of the Lord. There you have it my friends, the process of sin. Pretty simple if you ask me. But there is still so much more to grab from this one passage about life. Verse 16 explains childbirth. Verse 18 explains why we have to take care of the ground, why things don't grow supernaturally like they first did. Nothing is anymore how it was planned to be. Animals have begun to eat each other... something that wasn't in the beginning. There was peace on earth. Now man has become a meat eater versus a vegetarian as Jesus planned. Our bodies and the needs of them all changed. Everything changed with one single sin and this is why life is the way it is today. Sin continued with every person that was recorded in the Bible and who wasn't.

I found this all so interesting and thought I would share it with you. It just gives so much wisdom and understanding into life and why it is this way.
Love Ayana <3

No comments: