Friday, September 3, 2010

here I am

So much on my mind and it's all pretty random. I was talking with a good friend today about my struggle to find where it is God wants me to serve. They begun to list the ways I am currently serving God and I was like yeah but that's not a actual ministry. They were like you are serving God, it doesn't have to be a specific ministry. That touched me and encouraged me. Since ending my time in the youth ministry worship team I have struggled with where to go next. I am not called to the children's ministry so I really don't know where. But that just told me it was okay.

I guess I am a little frustrated with our world . Who we have become and how much we have pushed God away. It's so hard to live in this world and not get tired of it. Sin is just so prevalent...everywhere! You can't get away from it. I ran across this article the other day and I wanted to barf. Seriously it made me sick to my stomach. But at the same time there was a glimmer of hope. Check it out!! (:
-Ariana (:

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that article is so sad!! I completely agree with you, our world is in one sad state presently and it takes ALL the more effort to live for God in this day & age I think, vs. years ago. But what an amazing God we serve and He is so worth it all!!!
I agree with your friend, btw! - "Ministry" doesn't have to be one specific thing. My Mother (of all people) reminded me the other day that even I, being married am in a 'ministry'! By ministering to my husband (encouraging him, praying for him, giving to him, influencing him, etc. etc.) as well as my children, I am impacting their lives for the good and God uses it as a ministry! Wow! Never really thought about before?!
But I really believe if you're putting God 1st in your life then the rest will soon follow. Your "calling" WILL happen and you WILL be walking in God's perfect will for your life. I love what it says in Ephesians 2:10; "We are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good thing(s) (not just one! ha.) which God prepared in advice for us to do!" So as long as we're seeking God, HE will show us those things He ordained us to do - we don't have to 'figure it all out' He will just open one door after another in our life. Awesome stuff!!