Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Is Murder Ever Okay?

Hey Guys,
I was doing my devotion today and found this very interesting. The writer detailed that murder is never okay no matter the circumstance. So in my mind the first and only type of murder I thought of was physical murder. Unfortunately, for many (including myself) we have committed murder in a different kind of way. The writer went on to say that murder can be committed: physically, spiritually, and verbally. Physical murder can be committed by killing someone and also in an abortion. I found it very interesting that she touched on abortion as committing a murder. Even though I always saw abortion as murder, many people believe that you are not a person until you are born. I want to back this up with scripture and just say that God says were a person the moment he first creates us in the womb (see Psalm 139:13-16). Therefore, while I am here and talking about the hot topic of abortion i thought i would make one thing clear: I do not believe abortion is right and I think that every life should have a chance to live. Second is spiritual murder, which is when someone hurts someone spiritually driving them away from God or church. Lastly, there's verbal murder (which I can assure you we commit at least ten times a day). Verbal murder is when you hurt someone with the words you say to them. The writer in this devotion mad it clear that fights, mean words, and hurtful thoughts all fall into this category. Anyways, all this to say that I was really encouraged while reading this to much more careful in the words I speak. I believe that the best way to encourage a friend is to be nice with your words. So yup I just wanted to encourage you guy's with the thought of watching your words so they do not turn into murder!
Thanks For Bearing With Me!
LOve Yuh All :) <3 <3 <3 <3 :)

No comments: