Thursday, October 8, 2009

Beautiful In God's Eyes

Hmmm, where do I begin?? If I were to sit here and write every single thing in detail that the Lord has been showing me, well we'd be here all day. :) Not sure if anyone has that kinda time =p. Anyways, Jesus has been breaking me a lot lately. Showing me the hard stuff and humbling me through it as well. That my friends is really a story for a different day. Since my return from Ireland, the Lord has placed a urgent need in my heart to begin to learn how to become a woman of God. I think it was the example the sweet leaders in Ireland were showing as well as the beautiful strength of my Mother. I recently started reading Proverbs 31 and just finished the other day. That was a hard chapter to read, to pick apart every verse and what that really means. God showed me through that just a small glimpse of what it means to be a Godly wife, how to run my home, support a husband, and be an overall servant. Not saying any of this like I am expecting to get married in the next few years, but when and if God chooses to bless me with that I will be trained in who to be. Than this past Sunday Pastor Tony taught a sermon on the role of a woman according to God. It is disgusting and completely appalling to realize what the world is feeding us about the role of a woman. They say we are supposed to be at the top above our husbands and all men. So much for the scripture that says "wives submit to your husbands". Why are we changing the scripture, the one that is God breathed? Makes no sense to me, but that is the world we live in. The last thing is this amazing book I have been reading "Beautiful in Gods Eyes" by Elizabeth George. It is an amazing book and I would recommend it to anyone who is really seeking the Lord on being who they are created to be. It walks through the practical steps of becoming a woman of the Lord and clearly explaining Proverbs 31. With all that God is showing me on this topic of being the girl he has called me to, it also so difficult. It is such a journey and has become my number one mission right now!!

No comments: