Monday, November 23, 2009

Identity

I searched for an Identity for so long. I searched in popularity, in academics, in sports, in guys, in hobbies, in servant hood, in family, in friends, in appearance, and in wealth. In the end each of these things only left me empty and depressed. They drove me to suicide because these things only brought a temporary high. I sought them in a way that was apart from Jesus. They may work for a little but in the end they only bring destruction. The one place I never searched was the almighty saviour, Jesus Christ. When I finally chose to search for my identity in Jesus, I found who I really am! So now I no longer search in the things of this world, cause I know now they don't satisfy. I search in my heavenly Father and he shows me just who I am. Now I enjoy in the proper way, the things I once tried to use to make up my identity. Although they are apart of my life they will never be apart of my identity. I can see in a clear full view who I am. And if I am ever to forget I choose to search the Bible instead of the latest style. I no longer walk by the trust of my own mind but the all knowing compass of my Makers heart. I choose to pray to my heavenly Father instead of turning to my friends, expecting them to show me who I am. I am a sinner saved by the blood of Jesus. I am a child of God seeking to serve him. I am a missionary because my Father has a heart for reaching the lost. My life purpose is to mirror my Father and to do my best to honor him. I am a poor and wretched person who is made rich in Gods fullness and Grace. I am loved by a king that I have never seen. I am chosen by the Almighty Creator and that is who I am. That is my identity!

1 comment:

morgan. said...

your posts are so sweet sis, i love reading them so much.

you are such a precious treasure for Jesus.

i really enjoyed my trip to North Carolina, and i made sure to tell my sister you said hello! :) she says hi back!

<3 love you darling