Monday, November 9, 2009

A Priceless Possession

My Bible is most likely the most priceless possession I own. I have had it for seven years and it is perfect. It is one of those things I can seriously say I would not know how to live without. Most earthly possessions are exactly that, earthly! However, I really believe that Gods word is something we can not live without. I am just extremely blessed to look at that Bible and think I have the privilege of actually owning one. As a missionary I am well aware of the lack of Bible supply around the world. Even just in my journey to Ireland, I came in contact with many who literally had no Bible. It seriously broke my heart! I think what broke my heart even more than that was the excitement when they were given a New Believers Bible. It was just so amazing to see how excited a young person could get over having a Bible. It was also a huge blessing to see that Joy, it proved a lot. Anyways, all that to say I look at my Bible and I simply am blessed. There is no two ways around it, it is definitely something I can not put a price on. It may have only cost twenty five dollars but the price of it in my heart will remain forever unspeakable. Another part of my Bible I love is just flipping through it and seeing all the underlined and highlighted verses, as well as the side notes here and there. The tear stained pages and the pages that are barely holding on from being read so many times. The way the bind of the Bible looks all old and crackly. It all just proves one thing. After everyday spent reading and trying to understand it all God has done a work. It shows that God is truth when he says that if we meditate on his word we will gain eternal things from that! This all simply came to mind one day as I looked at the pages, the pages of an entire book God breathed. It is amazing when you look at it in that light. Next time you pick up your Bible, think about it. Think about the when that book was first purchased and the change in your life since. If their has not been a change that you are not communicating with God enough. Pick it up and think real hard about every aspect of the best book ever written and I can guarantee you, it will change your life!!

1 comment:

morgan. said...

i LOVE this post.

this is my exact experience.. i love my Bible soo much, crinkly pages, tear-stained pages, highlighted pages, and all.

love you sis.