Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Journey Part 5

Alright I'm really feeling the healing process beginning now! I learned two things today that are really helping me better understand this situation.

While I was in deep prayer today God answered one of my unending questions: "why have you taken my friend away and left me here to grieve?". Some of you may not agree but this has become very obvious to me as God was slowly revealing it to me over the past few weeks. God took Donna to be our sacrifice, because she was so willing. When Obama won i was in disbelief and very upset. I couldn't understand why God did this. You know just another one of my "WHY GOD?" questions. Than I read Susan's response to Obamas win (Susan and her words of wisdom ;). She said that God was calling us to come closer to him. Than as I was praying today and thanking God even though I miss my friend I felt the spirit explain this all to me. I feel very much that we are in the end times and Obamas win only solidified that even more. So I think that God is calling us to get very close with him and UNITE as a church. Me being in the middle of the crazy mess of friends Donna left behind I also get to see God working. I have seen so many people draw closer to God and to each other. We are all more like family now. Once I realized this I (overwhelmed) thanked God as tears streamed down my face that Donna was so willing to be our sacrifice. She was willing to leave her family behind, her ministry, and everything she knew to be true so that our eyes could be opened. I love you Donna and thanks for giving up your life for us to be ready for Gods coming.


The second thing I learned came on the way to acting class this morning while I was listening to a radio bible study. This completely on fire (like in your face) preacher guy was talking about trials. Convenient I know!!! And he made a few key points but me and my amazing memory didn't remember all of them!! But here is the one that really stuck out. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." I have heard this passage SO many times and never took it as much. But that really cool preacher dude was talking about these two scriptures and hadn't I been on my way to school I would have started crying (but than I would have had to re-do my makeup ;). I'm going to pick these to verses apart for you just as that really cool preacher dude did (no I didn't catch his name). So first we go through the trials (the valley of the shadow of death) and things are hard but God doesn't leave us (thy rod and thy staff they comfort me). Then as if God not leaving us during the trials isn't enough he brings us into the presence of our enemies and prepares us a banquet (you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies). Okay so our enemies don't care and turn their backs on us during the trials. Or they make fun of us for drawing close to God and making him our refuge. Then God being God is like now I will make you sit there and watch my child who just went through the valley of death have a banquet in peace. And because God still has so much Love and compassion in him he anoints our heads with oil and our cup of blessings runs over. WHOA! So like God does the whole show in front of our enemies and than he anoints us? I want to elaborate on the anointment. Being anointed is a very special thing. In the old testament people would be anointed when they were (catch this) being assigned a special task in Gods name and BEING CALLED AS HIS CHOSEN SERVANT. He overflows our blessings after us going through the hard times and the valley of death. I was so blessed by this hope it helps everyone else.
Love You All <3

No comments: