Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Celiacs Disease

Okay so most of you know that I have been self diagnosed with Celiacs Disease. Some of you may think I am stupid for going g-free without having a proper diagnoses but this has been a long battle. I was first diagnosed with Depression when everything was perfectly fine. So obviously that wasn't true. Then the doctor ordered a celiac panel and it came back negative. We must take into account that I had only had gluten in really my tummy for three days. And when I did that I didn't have gluten every meal. The next step would have been an endoscopy procedure. My parents and I made a joint choice not to have the procedure. The symptoms that I carried during the time I had to eat it for the testing, were unbelievable. I was literally out for a week for it even when I was done eating it I just had the pain that lingers. So I think for me it makes the most sense to remain GF and to deal with the disease. The doctors just want to put me on drugs. That is not happening.
So for now.....
This shall be the writings of a GF girl (:

2 comments:

morgan. said...

you're a warrior, girl! praying for you love <3

Meredith said...

your totally amazing ayanna!
i pass by some G-free recipes once in a while, i send some to you if you'd like.
i admire you for being such a strong girl. keep it up :)