Saturday, May 16, 2009

This isn't real!!

A few things but the main reason for my post is because when I came home last night from my retreat I got this super cool package in the mail. It was sent through FedEx and it was small and had my full name on the shipping label. My dad handed me the package and as I opened it there was a beautiful, crisp, blue PASSPORT! I let a squeal as I stared at it in disbelief!! I suppose it just made everything seem more real as far as my trip to Ireland goes!!! PS: I look way older in my picture ;) ohhhhh the power of Costco camera's.

Another thing is today is a special day as our sweet friend Donna celebrates 7 months of a beautiful life in heaven. Where does time go? It seems it was just yesterday she took her last breath on this earth and her first in heaven :).

Today is Jesse's last full day at the hospital :). Tomorrow she receives one more shot of chemo and than (drum roll please?) she gets to go home.....FOR GOOD! What a huge day for her. It has been a long seven months for the Catron family and I am beyond thankful to have been a small part of that journey. My thoughts and prayers turn to Jesse's life after this mess and I hope that you would join me in prayer of this loving family. God has a huge plan for her life and I know he knows what he is doing (what a beautiful promise).

To close I would like to turn my writing back over to the subject of Ireland! As reality has started to set in I am totally scared. There's no two ways around it. I thought it was just a little bit but as reality sets in I have realized it is true that I am way beyond scared. The longest I have spent away from home has been 4 days and never this far. So yea I am kinda freaking out. I am trying not too but this is reality and I am trying to face that too. Ahhhhhh, life is crazy sometimes ;).

Well thank you all so much for your prayers and support for me. As a missionary I covet your prayers and support. They mean the world to me!!! May God bless you as you seek him.
In His Grace,
Ayana :) <3

No comments: