Friday, May 8, 2009

What are you living for?

Recently, a few things lead me to ask what was I really living for. Was it acting? Mission trips? Swimming? Good Grades? My Friends? My Family? Material Things? I had to realize that in a matter of seconds that could all be taken away from me. Than I had to decide if I was gonna keep living for that stuff or live 100 percent for Jesus. Of course, I was already living for Jesus, but perhaps just not being fully committed (oh! what a hard life lesson). But I chose to live it out 24/7 100 percent. Even if that meant having to ask God for forgiveness and direction every once in awhile. Even if my focused strayed for a little bit, I know God is gonna bring it back. Anyways, I was just listening to Faust, Midas, and Myself by Switchfoot. And the following line from the song hit home: "A heart that's made of gold can't really beat at all". It makes you wonder what your living for!! Hmmmmmm so insightful!!!!! Kinda something to ponder!!

No comments: