Sunday, May 24, 2009

When you realize....

When you realize that Gods ways our not ours and that we must trust him well it's a beautiful experience. I'm about to open up about something that up until now was not something I talked about. First, I would like to point out a few situations that made me realize this about God over the weekend.
Okay so my brother Josh was speaking at this big christian conference this weekend and had some concerns. I prayed and prayed for him and we went over some stuff and for his privacy I won't go into detail. But it was just intense to see the power of prayer and how like God worked through that conference and even before it for me to realize we have to trust in him.

Second, today Pastor Jon's cousin was in a serious accident and was sent straight to intensive care. Jerrick got the call in the middle of service and got up and told Jon. Jon shut his Bible quickly and ran out of church. Jerrick than informed us what was happening and we all stopped to pray. We prayed for Robbie's life as he was fighting for it in a hospital bed. Once again it was amazing to see the power of prayer. Than another thing I picked up from the craziness of the mess was that we had to trust God throughout the day as we wanted him to live. The last thing I got and probably most interesting was that our plans are not Gods (we saw that when ours were quickly shaken). We had planned to have church in the park tonight and Jon was gonna teach....That obviously didn't happen.....God always wants to teach us something

Lastly, yesterday was the year anniversary of my cousins death. Last year he committed suicide and me being so young didn't know how to deal with it. So I simply did what was normal......I never dealt with it. But things changed this year as I recalled the horrific memories from his funereal. I had people praying for me and I thought I was gonna freak yesterday. But after much prayer and perseverance on my parts as well as my friends prayers I had a GREAT day. God is good.....wow.....once again the power of prayer.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's so awesome!