Friday, June 26, 2009

Painful yet important lessons

A few of those have come my way a few times these past few weeks ;). It's been difficult. many times have I found myself crying out to God asking him to be near. And many times the enemy has tried to deceive me. Wednesday night, Tony taught an on-fire sermon. Weirdest part was that there was no sermon. We had a night of worship and saying goodbye to Steph (more info in a later post ;). But Tony spoke a small word and well God used that powerfully. Anyways, he was talking about hardships and how when God calls us to them we must be obedient. He encouraged us to pray with him and promise the Lord and explain that we would willingly go through the trials. No matter what this means we need to stop fighting, know God's strength, and just go through it faithfully. Well I promised God that I would do that. It wasn't easy, but I was tired of fighting and was ready for God to take control. (I don't write any of this for self glory I am going somewhere). Well as to be expected with that prayer I was instantaneously thrown into a fight, a spiritual fight. These past two nights have been really difficult, Satan was really trying to drag me down. I held unto Jesus. Than literally in my misery and pain (it was a physical attack this morning) I realized a huge huge truth and beauty of this all. I would rather go through trials, pain, and misery if that is how God is going to show me that he is at work. It is all worth it, if it means God is working out his master plan.
Just thought I'd share.
Love Ayana

No comments: