Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Beautiful.

I am choosing to share something ridiculously personal here on this blog. Something I swore I would never share with just whoever. But I decided it was time to be real about it. It is another step in my walk with God. Another valley I walked through and another mountain I am now standing upon. Another moment in life where I smile and say thanks to Jesus. I guess one thing I never gave up was my self worth. I guess I tend to look at myself and just not think very highly of myself. I have always felt like I didn't have much to offer Jesus. But that all changed this weekend. As I was at camp God showed me that my lack of self confidence was driving a wedge in our relationship. I guess it was holding me back from having a wonderful relationship with him. I wept over my sin as I realized that I was pretty much slapping Jesus in the face. I mean he created me in His image and I keep telling myself I am ugly and worthless!! What a lie from the world. It has been five days since I gave this over to the Lord and it has been a beautiful five days. I feel free and for the first time in forever I feel beautiful. I know I am and I know I have worth. The more I live for God and not this world....the more worth I will have. God loves me and he created me beautiful. No matter what the world says. And for those I hurt in the process of my sin I am sorry. I never meant to hurt you and I love you!
God Bless (:

1 comment:

Meredith said...

My dear,
I've always seen you as a beautiful person, inside and out.
The most amazing thing about you though, is your love for Jesus!