Tuesday, February 22, 2011

i suppose this is thanks...

this past weekend my youth group went to camp for their jr. high retreat. i was supposed to be on that retreat. however, thursday when I visited mrs.docter I was told I had a sinus infection. we decided at that point it would be best for me not to go. my mom went and they were snowed in. they were able to shovel out and make it home. but a trailer of stuff is still up there because it was too stuck in the snow. my youth pastors went up yesterday to get the stuff. they were unable and headed home. awhile after they passed a certain spot and another bus of around 25 people were heading down the SAME mountain my mother, youth pastors, youth leaders, and closest friends came down just the day before (and some that day). the bus from a local church collided with a car and got into a severe accident. as of now one person has died and 15 other teens are in critical condition. i guess i am just really brokenhearted right now for that church. i mean how devastating. i have been in constant prayer for them. but one thought that hasn't left my mind the past 24 hours since the accident is that it could have been my loved ones. it could have been my mom, my aunt, my uncle, my youth pastors, my youth leaders, the jr.high students that have been such an active part of my life. it wasn't though. for now the one's i love are safe. but what if God had chosen to take them? everything i know to be true could have been gone in a matter of minutes. what would have been my last words to them? sure i talked to my mom that morning before she headed home. but did i tell her how much i love her? no i didn't...what if that had been it for my loved one's??

1 comment:

Meredith said...

wow thats really sad &scary.
i hope all those kids are going to be alright.