Monday, February 21, 2011

a fake generation

I am in a leadership position at church in my youth group. I say all of this because it has put me in a prayer position for the youth. Now as I pray for them I am beginning to realize something sad but so true, we are living in a fake generation. I mean people are so fake in every way and no one knows who they are anymore. People have fake bodies, fake personalities, and fake religion. They pretend they know who they are and they have it all figured out and then they are thrown in the hot water and no one knows them anymore. I guess this breaks me most from a Christian point of view. It shows me the desperation for our youth but also how I can be behind the scenes praying for them. I just can't stand to sit back anymore and watch this generation die for the sake of the passing world. They think that popularity and materialistic things are important. And why wouldn't they? It's in our movies, our music, our TV shows, and even the commercials they play between the TV shows. We live in a world where the next best thing is believed to be what it takes to bring satisfaction. When that doesn't we keep wanting until we have it all and are still lost. How can I sit here any longer with the truth inside of me and not share it? It hurts me like I was stabbed with a knife to know those around me are dying. They are selling there souls to the devil. They are giving up on ever finding real peace, real love, real life. They are living in a fake world. With a fake lifestyle. The kinda life that leads to destruction in the end. 
"There is a way that appears to be right, 

   but in the end it leads to death." Proverbs 14:12

No comments: