Saturday, March 21, 2009

Response to Newsboys Huge Transition

First I want to say Peter Fuller will be missed GREATLY! He is an extraordinary man full of God's love and presence. His love for the band and for his fans is huge and for that it won't be the same. I am certain! Not because I just want to think that but because I gave them a try without Mr Peter Fuller. Many people have asked my take on this and how I feel (seeing the 8 years I have been a devoted fan). So here it is black and white so you understand exactly how I feel. I found out about 2 weeks ago and my first reaction was to scream. I than settled down a little and started praying it was on good terms. The reason behind his leave to this day still isn't clear. However I would like to state that I SUPPORT him one hundred percent! Having been a huge fan for so long I feel like I know Peter would never make a decision that was not right for the band or anyone else for that matter. He obviously felt God's call in his life and he followed that. As one of his major fans and a sister in Christ it is not only my job but my pleasure to support him in his choice. As well as his choice to bring in Mike. Which leads me to the concert I recently saw by them. It was only Mike's third show and he was having a hard time. I made certain that my voice was heard above the booing, screaming that I love and support Mike. It wasn't the same I will admit but I still support him in his new family and career as a Newsboy. He has God given talents and the love of Christ pouring out of him. He did a fantastic job leading the crowd in classic Newsboys songs. It was a disappointment for me but not because of Mikes presence but simply because he's not Peter. He will never be Peter and can't fit his personality. As the band stated in their announcement, Peter could not and never will be replaced! He started the band nearly 22 years ago and has lead millions not only to Christ but also in worship to our saviour. I write all of this just to simply show my support for Mike. I am a DC Talk fan and always have been. Therefore, having Mike now in the lead of one of my favorite bands is special to me. The songs and the lyrics are the same and Mike being there doesn't change any of that. I can still worship my God with the newsboys lyrics. As hard as this was for me as a die heart newsboys fan, it still speaks volume to me that when it's all said and done nothing can change why I sing the newsboys songs. I intended to keep this short but as you all can see, that wasn't possible. So I will end here by saying I love Peter, the newsboys, and yes Mike. I respect them and therefore their choices. As a fan I must trust that they know what their doing and better yet what God is doing.
<3 Ayana

No comments: