Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Culture Shock

Here I am again. I am home. Far away from everything that I worked so hard for in the past nine months. You see I have been planning (along with 37 other people) for my trip to San Fransisco for nine months. So at this moment it is simply awkward to know that the trip came and went SO fast. It was the best mission trip I have ever been on. I truly left my heart with people, knowing their status of rejection. I can without a doubt say I want to go back (possibly a long term thing in the future?). Anyways, coming home I dealt with some major culture shock. I know that sounds weird seeing that it wasn't a different country. But here is my problem as well as the problem of most of my team members. We are now dealing with "spiritual" culture shock. We have gone from a place where we were surrounded by 37 other believers who are all our age to being alone to fight our battles. From daily worship, devotions, and fellowship with some of the most amazing people to having to support ourselves alone. It hurts and it's hard. We are raging war with the devil and it's scary. I don't want to loose the high, the passion, or the fellowship........it's just so difficult.

My amazing car at 5 am after we started the drive (I hope that explains why we look so adorkable).

No comments: