Saturday, April 4, 2009

What Suicide Has Taught Me

Earlier this week, I did an in depth research of suicide/depression. Quite a few things hit home for me, as horrible memories came back. They seemed fresh in my brain as the feelings of confusion, regret, and grief returned. You see just last May my 18 year old cousin committed suicide. No, we weren't very close but for me a million different feelings crossed me when he passed. First, I was saddened and than as reality set in regret did. I never had the opportunity to tell him about my Jesus. Of course I never really did see him but than I wondered if maybe my simple attitude could have been better. Than the grieving came as I saw a lifeless young body laying there. It was hard seeing him dead and knowing the path he chose to take. I may never understand the reason my cousin took his life and I may never understand why he couldn't work through his problems. However, through my recent studies (all for Health class) and his death I have learned a valuable lesson. Our problems are never to big for Jesus to handle! He sticks people into our lives as well as organizations to help walk us through those difficult things. He never wants us to take our life as Judas did in the Bible. I also came into an understand of how important and sweet life is. It can only be sweet if we are committed into the hands of our creator. Just felt compelled to share that......
Much Love
Ayana <3

No comments: