Thursday, December 18, 2008

2008 In Review

I sit here writing this in complete awe of 2008. It has defiantly been a year filled with excitement, laughter, tears, and new adventures.
Jan-May
In January I started my first semester of theatre arts at my HS =D and it become my favorite class. Than in February I went for the first time to camp with my youth group. It was a beautiful trip full of snow, new friendships, refreshing old ones, and surrender to God. I grew so much in the Lord at that camp and gave so many things that were pulling me down up to him. March was fantastic as I had yet another opportunity to take a missions trip to Mexico. It was one of the coolest trips down there. March and April continued with much devotion to my performance for theater class titled "Broadway Rocks". Also in April I attended prom at school (my first dance). May approached fast and It was a difficult month. My freshman year was coming to an end and I was working overtime to finish with good grades. Than two weeks before school end my 18 year old cousin passed away. It was difficult for me on many levels. Around four days after his passing, one of my Pastor's wife passed away. I was grieving very heavily by this time. May ended on much of a sadder and more difficult note for me.
June-August
June started off pleasantly as I starred in "Broadway Rocks". It was such a pleasure and privilege to be in this production. June was filled with many trips to the pool, a purity conference, time with friends, and yes my second job. July came quicker than any of us here at CCEA expected and once again it was time for VBS. I felt the Lord's calling on worship and joined the VBS "super group" (don't ask!!). VBS as usual although tiring was the best part of my summer by far. I was ready for a whole new week after it was all over. In August I got asked to be a counselor for the Harvest Crusade which I said yes to. I went to down on the field to counsel and ended up leaving everything I was dealing with personally there. Huge weight lifted off of my shoulders and a BEAUTIFUL experience. Summer ended with a couple of pool party's and time with friends.
September- December
Oh to wrap up the hardest yet amazing four months of my life. I got baptized for the second time now that I am older. It was so wonderful to be baptized by my two youth pastors, what a joy! I turned 15 and was overjoyed about it, ask anyone =D. Things started to become increasingly difficult in September and I started having a hard time being motivated. My close friend was battling cancer and for the first time in my life I had to deal with it. On October 16th 2008, Donna went home to meet her maker. It was a hard road for me as I tried to grasp this idea. Two days into my mourning another cousin (from the same side as before) passed away from cancer as well. As you probably understand these past few months have brought me to my knees in tears begging my Jesus for comfort. God is good though and he granted me peace. Now I face another hard tribulation as I watch my best friend since Kindergarten move away.

Yes it has been a difficult and long hard year. However, it has also been joyous and beautiful. I am ever so grateful for this year and the difficulties it has brought. I love you all and May God Bless you in 2009.
In Love and Grace
Ayana <3

No comments: