Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

I have sat here today trying to find a way to adequately express my feelings. Sure this is a tight holiday because of it's real meaning, but today there is much sorrow with much joy attached. Weird I know!!! For most this is a joyous holiday and for other's not so much. Last Christmas around this time to be exact I was enjoying the company of Donna Thompson. Now I sit here miles away from my dear friend. I read Greg Laurie's blog this morning seeing that he is dealing with the same thing I am. He stated that sometimes heaven seems so close while others it seems as distant as possible. It's so true!! When I want her back is when it seems so distant. Than when I think of her beautiful face it seems so close. Plainly, IT STINKS. I am rejoicing constantly for her but not a day goes by that I don't mourn MY loss. Donna's passing was her gain my loss. Still there is Joy for me as I know it was simply God's will. I guess I say all this to lead up to my point that life is precious!! Just one year ago today Donna was with me and doing great. Now one year later she is in heaven and the coolest thing......she is STILL doing great. Greg said it best but in my own words don't let your loved ones be friends or family go on not knowing how much they are loved. This life is real and we only get one shot at it, don't regret it when it one day flashes before your eyes. Merry Christmas and May We Always Stay Focused On Jesus's Birth!!
In Grace and Love
Ayana <3

No comments: