Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Letting Go!!

My dream for a little while was to join the air force after high school. Everyone and their great aunt kept telling me that I was basically stupid and trying to get me to let go. It pretty much just drove me to want it even more!! No one got that! Like tell me not to do something I really want and I will try harder to get there! Anyways, I prayed and prayed for a long time about it. I sat back and examined my life and like prayed for a basic revelation from God on this issue. He revealed things about myself and my personality which brought me to my conclusion (at least for now). I let go of the air force. Not because of anything anyone said, but because I felt it was Gods call. I honestly can't say where the Lord will lead me in the years to come therefore, it may very well be the AF. I don't know though, I simply know it was not what God was saying yes to straight out of high school. I say all this to lead to the small yet great point. It is so hard to let go of something you want even when you know God is calling you to it. It was extremely hard for me to just "give up". No matter how many times I reminded myself it was Gods will, it still hurt....
~Ayana <3

No comments: