Sunday, February 22, 2009

Life Lessons From 1st and 2nd Graders

Every time I work it is always a learning thing for me just as much as it is for the kids. Last night however was very insightful as I spent sweet time with my students. Working in children's ministry is such a gift. I lead worship last night =O ya I know. That was my same response as I walked off stage. All I kept thinking was WOW God is doing something in my life right now. It was great I had THE chad leading with me and Susan standing off to the side :). Anyways we did "Get down" by Audio Adrenaline. The following line from the song was one that Susan had pointed out to the kids "To live your life you've got to lose it And all the losers get a crown". Later on towards the end of class the kids had separated in to two teams (boys vs girls) for a relay race. The boys who were really on top of things that night won the race and got a treat. The girls started to whine about it and I stopped them by bringing up Get Down. They all stopped ad were like ohhhh yea. Than they started screaming about how they were gonna get a crown. I was all wait do you guys know what that means? They were like NO. I explained to them if they weren't sore loosers they would have crowns in heaven. To see the look on their faces was PRICELESS! They seemed to glow.
~Ayana <3

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

I love it! Great picture of you and your sis on your sidebar! : )

See ya this weekend!