Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How do we plan??

I'm getting older and lately I have been getting the "what are you doing when you graduate"? question. I really don't mind like talking it out with people but there's one slight problem with it. People don't get that I'm only a sophmore and have a hard time figuring out what classes to take each semester let alone predetermining the rest of my life. What I want to do has changed so much, that I can barely remember my name anymore. I was thinking about my current plan today and I got quite confused. Right now I would love to go to Bible college and get my AA. Than from there get married and do women's or youth ministry at a church. However, a puzzling thought crossed my mind today: what if God has something completely different planned? What if he wants me to hold off on marriage until I'm old or just simply stay single forever?? What if he really is calling me into the air force and how would I do? Am i supposed to go to a regular college and for what? These questions pass my mind constantly and are nerve recking. I just want to do God's will but I realized today no matter how much of a plan I have there's nothing I can do to stop God's plan. So I could sit here and spend valuable time planning something that has a 75% chance of working out or just spend that valuable time in prayer. The way I see it no matter what it will most likely not work out the way I want. So why not take that time to seek God and his will in prayer, instead of worrying about finding a boyfriend are the right job? I'm in God's hands and I don't believe this means I should just be like oh whatever. I just think it means that I should spend that "valuable" time doing VALUABLE things. When life flashes before your eyes you re-think what you spent your valuable time on. It makes more sense to worry about impacting the kingdom than worrying about what college and job I will have 2 1/2 years from now. Please comment guys I want your opinions!!
Love YAH!! <3

2 comments:

morgan. said...

Everyone goes through that same stress. But for one, in the Bible it says "Cast all your anxieties on Him...". He doesn't want you to be anxious, but to trust Him.

Start in the way that you have peace with. If it's not God's plan for you, He'll close the doors. Just keep moving forward until the peace of God within you doesn't let you go any farther.

He wants you to "walk by faith, not by sight." We'll never know God's plan for us until it happens. We just need to trust that whatever happens will be the best, as long as we love Him with our entire being!

Well I hope this helped in any way - this is what someone told me when I was asking the same questions.

Love you dear, and so good to see you yesterday! <3

--Morgs

Broken In Love said...

WOW! thanks friend!! that was way encouraging! I will hold onto that!!
Loveeeee youuuuu tooooooooo