Sunday, January 4, 2009

Supposed To Happen

Lately I have noticed in life we make plans of things that are supposed to happen and most of the time it doesn't work out according to what we want. Being okay with this is easier said than done. For instance Donna was supposed to aid me in my sign language class. I was supposed to help her in the Timothy American Girl class. Jess was supposed to attend my school and eventually graduate with me. We were supposed to finish HS together and not be separated until College. Seth was supposed to live a life with my family and not die so young. Hay and Seesaw were supposed to be home schooled their whole lives and not have to deal with their mom's death. However God's ways are not ours and as hard as that is to get sometimes it's the best thing for us. God's will!!!! So next time you find yourself thinking it was supposed to happen differently remember God has a plan. We don't get to see the whole puzzle of our life but he does and he is slowly fitting each of the pieces together to make one big beautiful picture. It's one of the hardest aspects of our christian life as we must wait and be patient with God. It isn't easy but one of the biggest rewards in the end when we see why God orchestrated things the way he did. Its a wonderful and beautiful thought........

1 comment:

morgan. said...

(: Amen to that, sis.

Reminds me of a song my friend and I wrote...

"Lord Jesus I pray to You
That when we don't get through
With our situations
Then we just need to realize
That Lord, Your ways
Are higher than ours
And sometimes very hard to understand.

Lord Jesus I pray to You
To carry on with Your will too
Even though we have our thoughts
I'd much rather be with You, Lord."

His plans are not always what we want, but are the best! I hope someday I can come to fully realize that and just trust Him.

But no matter what, I am thankful for what He puts me through and who he brings into my life - like you :) I love ya